Jantex Gamma RIO
The most demanded down river and surfski blade has just got better. Save all the good design of Gamma, with small changes to become more aggressive and stable on the catch.
One of Jantex’s most successful shapes (Jantex Gamma) has been fine tuned to create the Gamma Rio blade. Developed in co-operation with Max Hoff extra sizes were added to create the Gamma Rio range with the addition of some minor changes to the larger blade sizes. This ensures a paddler can choose the best size blade to suit their use.
This blade provides an aggressive catch, improved stability and excellent exit.
The new Rio line has 9 kayak blade sizes giving more options and finer gaps between sizes.
For a range of paddlers from kids to strongest male paddlers.
- Suitable for men, strong junior or very strong female paddlers
- Suitable for surfski, wildwater, flatwater sprint, flatwater marathon and multisport
- Split and rinse paddle after each use
Blades held in stock in Australia are Ultra Light
Stiff Blades are only ordered on request.
The most asked for stiffness for Flat Water, Marathon and Down river. Give fantastic weight and ideal stiffness for Professional race use. Used by all top paddlers.
ONLY for heaviest and strongest Men. Give possibility to use also by loading in any directions. For paddlers who prefer stiff paddles. Blade JANTEX LOGO in YELLOW COLOUR.
Blades held in stock in Australia are Carbon tip. Metal & FG tips are only ordered on request.
The following chart is based on European recommendations. European paddlers are often bigger in stature and more sprint oriented.
In Australia we recommend the following variances:
- Small to Medium blades for Ocean paddling
- Flexi-Soft or Soft Shafts for paddlers doing long distances- Ocean and marathon paddling
- Soft to Stiff Shafts for sprint paddlers – Soft for sprint training and stiff for sprint racing
Kayak Shafts Adjustable Clamp
- Very good for travelling paddlers
- Designed for frequent splitting (daily)
- Lock and unlock is possible on the water without any tools, with lever
- Adjustment availibility 5 cm or on special order 10 cm, line marks every 5 mm
- Angle adjustment LEFT/RIGHT hand control, line marks every 5 °
All kayak shafts are available in the following stiffness:
EXTRA STIFF SHAFT – Specially made for 200m distance, only for strongest and heaviest MEN paddlers. 100% carbon construction. Shaft stiffness marked with RED COLOURED STICKER
STIFF SHAFT – Most asked shaft for FLAT WATER and MARATHON. 100% carbon construction. Shaft stiffness marked with YELLOW COLOURED STICKER
SOFT SHAFT – Most asked shaft for SURF SKI and DOWN RIVER. 85% carbon / 15% Kevlar construction. Shaft stiffness marked with WHITE COLOURED STICKER.
FLEXI SOFT SHAFT – For paddlers doing a lot of kilometers this shaft reduces the incidence of injury that stiffer shafts can cause over long distances. Recommended for female SURF SKI and DOWN RIVER paddlers and especially KIDS. 70% carbon / 30% Kevlar construction. Shaft stiffness marked with GREEN COLOURED STICKER.
Gamma Rio Small Minus, Gamma Rio Small Plus, Gamma Rio Medium Minus, Gamma Rio Medium Plus